Sunday, May 31, 2009

BBQ Weekend

This was the weekend of our BBQ for the team from KISA's work. It went reasonably well, as the "coordinator" I could list a number of things that could have been better with the food, though I don't think anyone but me really noticed. We decluttered and cleaned up the deck both before and after so today we have a lovely clean and tidy deck again. The weather stayed fine and the temperature was perfect.

Two tiny grandchildren came along with their gran. It has been a very long time since such wee ones were in our home. Luckily I remembered that I had kept the duplo lego and the brio train set from the kids toddler years. Between that and the big exercise ball they were kept amused. They were very well behaved and sweet babies.

We were lucky enough to have a visitor from Spain attend as a guest of one of the team. He is on a holiday/working holiday and is enjoying our Queensland weather. As I have lived in foreign countries myself it is a real pleasure to offer an overseas visitor our Australian hospitality. I hope he enjoyed the evening. As usual with me and BBQs I overcatered and we have lots of leftovers. So it has been bagged and frozen for later use.

We had a visit from our local possum. He was very forward and despite the deck being full of people, walked the rails to see what was on offer. This morning we came out and noticed he had left several "calling cards" over the deck so he has come back after we went to bed to see what he could find. As cute as they are I hope he doesn't make a habit of it. It is the first time in the six years we have had the deck that we have had possum poo left behind. I forgot to take photos last night so no pictures I am afraid.

No comments: