Monday, August 17, 2009

Night Shift Sucks

KISA has been on night shift these last few days. We hate it! Apart from the fact that I don't sleep well when he is not here, he hasn't been sleeping well either. The first day or two he got 4 hours sleep per day, the third only 2 and yesterday he got the most, about 6 hours. He is a walking zombie, and thankfully any minute now he should be home from the last one. He goes back to regular shift tomorrow, so I am hoping he can sleep tonight as he will have to sleep today. My evenings alone have consisted of chick flicks and baileys irish cream. Kisa's days have consisted of sleeping. Here he has dropped off just after breakfast, before he even got started on his cup of tea. Poor man.I have been trying to find things to do that don't make a noise inside the house. So I have been spending time in the garden. The bottle brush is looking fine, KISA pruned it hard a few months ago and it seemed to like it. This is the most flowers it has had yet.
They are really pretty up close with the gold tips on the end. Very Christmassy. We get lots of funguses down the back in the mulch, some have very psycadelic colours. This pretty lavender one is new though, haven't seen it before.
To keep myself busy I applied the secateurs to the overgrown gingers and tree fern fronds that and died off or got damaged in the recent heavy winds. I know it looks a bit bare here but it will grow back. We prune it all this drastically a couple of times a year. Look at all those bananas. I think we will have to dig them out. Sigh.The bird of paradise plant will have to go too, it just takes over and has now migrated next door.
Can't do any more till the bin gets emptied this week!

No comments: