Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Lumps Begone!

It has been a quiet week this week. On Monday I spent the afternoon in hospital having a couple of lipomas removed under a general aneasthetic. I have been quietly growing these for a couple of years and the big one was getting to be a real pain in the arm. (sorry)
I also was needing to be a size bigger in tops to accomadate the larger arm width, which is wide enough already, thank you very much.
It had also created pressure on a vein in my arm which was turning into a varicose vein and I didn't want to go there either.
So out they came. This is the big lump, it looks like a well developed bicep. This is the smaller one in my shoulder, just knobbly but will just keep growing.
A forty five minute nap later and they are gone!
The scars look nice there as this shot was taken Wednesday once the pressure bandage came off. Three days on and the bruises have come out, so they look more brutal now. The surgeon said the big one was 6cm across and the smaller one about 3cm.

No more bicep. I celebrated yesterday by buying a new top - in size 16!

Stiches out Tuesday, they are starting to itch!

No comments: