Saturday, February 7, 2009

The next stage begins

Well it is all happening. Son 17 was accepted into QUT in the Biomedical Science course he wanted to do, and leaves next Saturday for Brisbane. Very exciting for him as he is on his way in his goal to be a surgeon. Bit sad for mum as he is her last baby to go.

KISA and I will be empty nesters, and it feels kind of sudden, even though I have known for a year this would probably happen. We only have him for one more week. He will be going to live with TBS who sound very glad to have him. I think he has a few nerves of his own as well.

It has rained all week, and is still very blowy here but not much rain today. We have had a quiet day, pottering around. KISA mowed the lawn - again! And I made soup out of this weeks lamb bone. Watched DVDs, a nice puddling day in a lovely simple life.


I signed up for the Shave for a Cure this year. I have been growing my hair for this solidly for 3 years now, so it is time. The shave takes place about 9 - 10 days before Jess's anniversary so I aim to honour her with this step, plus close the door on cancer, I hope. I had a phone call from the Leukemia Foundation who asked if I would agree to be in the paper as the human element for a promotional story, and I said yes, media tart that I am. So we are expecting a visit tomorrow from a journalist for a story in Mondays paper. If you can support this event please do as it is a very worthy cause. You can support me at http://my.imisfriendraising.com.au/personalPage.aspx?SID=47488

We did the coffee at the harbour like we do every weekend, but they won't let us on the breakwater, as the seas are still too high and crashing over the edge. A 4 metre crocodile has taken up residence in the marina, though we haven't seen it yet, will take the camera every time though.

No comments: