Sunday, March 22, 2009

Elections and gardening.

It has been a quiet weekend. Arrived back from Melbourne at 9am Monday morning, and staright to work. KISA picked me up at 5 and finally got home. I was a little short on sleep after the weeekend, and it was Thursday before i began feeling human again!

Went to another shave event on FRiday morning, as another school friend, whose staff were holding a shave event, had told her staff that if they braised $20000, she would shave too. So they did! And she did! And she looks great. Thank you P! After the shave the Leukemia Foundation Mackay person and I went for coffee. Looks like I have me some work in the line of promotion of The LF. I am very excited about this as it is a cause close to my heart, and it enables me to use some the skills I earned in by Bachelors degree as I have a major in Communication and media. It is unpaid, but that is the way to experience. Who knows where things lead.

Yesterday was election day for the state government. We got up early and toddled off to Maccas for breakfast then to the polling booth. We returned our existing government, which is the only sensible thing in these unsettled times. Also, a history making election with the first woman elected premier. Yay Queensland!

KISA and I spent Saturday morning checking out a camper trailer and rethinking our plans for the future. Goalposts change contstantly and we need to keep up. More news as things unfold.

Sunday dawned fine so it was into the garden. I mowed the lawn while KISA attended to the pool. We then went up the hill to visist with A and P. It had been Ps birthday on St. Patricks day and we had a card and wine. We arrived with coffees and a thickshake for L. We had a great visit.

No comments: