Monday, April 4, 2011

Back online!


Well after nearly 6 weeks we are reconnected to the internet at home. What a relief! I thought I would get used to not having it around and not miss it after a while, but that didn't happen.
My name is Tropigal and I am an information junkie.

I don't log on to Facebook much and I don't Twit or play games or stuff, I use the net to find out things. I am a Stickybeak, natural born and the net satisfys that curiousity. Anything I want to know, I can find online. I love it. And life has just proved I can't live without it.

So all my romantic fantasies about living in the past and doing without modern conveniences are just that..fantasies! Well living without it permanantly anyway, camping is ok. And a month is doable. Just. With free Wifi at Maccas and the library, it is.

Banking has been different. I have had to go into the branch, and it is is nice to talk to a real person, though they try to sell you other "products" instead of a chat. And I like to see my transactions myself on a screen not just get a balance.

We didn't find out about the Japanese earthquake for two days after it happened when KISA's sister told us about it. We didn't have TV for that week either.

We have just had the wettest March in history and everything is sodden and in places hills are slipping down. Potholes are swallowing trucks and KISA couldn't go to work for two days last week as the highway was under a metre of water and the road was closed. When that happens they ferry the staff to work by chopper! He missed out this time, but maybe next time!

Still we have now finished moving, everything is unpacked and sorted, the TV has been installed, the phone is connected and the net on. We are home.

No comments: