Tuesday, April 12, 2011

My Precious

My Precious.
For my birthday this year KISA bought me my very first Le Crueset Dutch Oven. It is divine. If you look up the price you would have a conniption! We got it in the half price Myers sale after Christmas and even then it was an outrageous price.

But my lordy it is a dream to cook in. I just love it. It creates so much flavour because it caramelises food when you fry it instead of burning it or just steaming it. It must just hold its heat just so.

Last night I made French Onion Soup in it and it was perfect. The onions were just lovely and browned without any burnt bits, which add a bitter flavour. They were so sweet it was almost like dessert! KISA had two helpings and I had to hold him back so we could have some for lunch today.

Next year I might ask for a Le Crueset frypan......

1 comment:

Jacqui said...

Lovely to catch up on all of your news. The place looks great, and I am v envious of your Le Creuset! With that kind of equipment combined with your cooking flair, the output must be superb. I can just imagine Jess smacking her lips in appreciation...
J
x